10 December 2011

Goodbye Grovskopa

As you have probably noticed, since my near death motorbike crash in early 2010, Grovskopa has been very quiet both release and DJ wise.
I feel that instead of letting this project fade into nothingness, I will just be 100% honest with everyone.

For some reason, yet unknown to me, my relation to industrial/hard/dark techno changed that day in 2010. I used to feel a profound connection with it and really it was larger than life itself to me. It was my air. At times I took it a little too serious (oh how many fights...) But even that felt right, "in the name of techno!".
I still love the music, but it doesn't force me into movement, give me taste of blood in the mouth or goosebumps like it used to.

Of course I could continue to make and DJ the music, but right now it would just be empty formulaic shells instead of something true and emotional. Techno and its followers (you) deserve more than that.

So, I have decided to stop the project. That means both Grovskopa and the labels Emergence and Pohjola (as well as all charts, facebooking etc,).
Ofcourse I am still making music (all kinds of oddities), but what I will do with it is still unknown to me.

To all of you who has supported me in my 10+ years of releasing I am eternally grateful. It has been amazing. It has given me so many life long friends and experiences as well as opportunities to see places I probably never would have otherwise. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

Much love, Mika.

PS: I am doing one more gig, Berghain february 4th. And there should be a remix coming out on Sev Dah's Gynoid Audio EP as well as an 'It's All For You' vinyl sampler on Sect. These are the last outings.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Mika. Wishing you all the best in the new direction you're heading. Big up for the past 10 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a thing like that a few times during my 20yrs of techno.. The taste and hunger always comes back tho, even if each time feels like if it was the last one.

    Break is good.
    Be well bruv,
    ~~~z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man!didnt know about the accident glad youre ok!just use the other side of the force now not the dark one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been following your work since back when I was living in Madrid recording shopping at Jaxx. Anyways, happy to share a spot on your last remix EP for Sev Dah.
    Good luck to you!

    Greg aka Donor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Greg

      I worked at Jaxx 2004-2005.
      I think I remember meeting you! Am I right?

      Delete
  5. Disappointing but completely understandable. I will continue to blast and cherish Balamber, Emergence Nine, Atopic etc etc for as long as I live.

    I hope that it means we will hear your works in new projects, Mika, and that you're not going to stop producing. That would be a shame! (Just bought the Sect comp, your tracks are among the best and most fascinatingly "not techno, yet so techno" on there.)

    -CasiB

    ReplyDelete