20 December 2009

DJs using Apple or Apple using DJs?


Recently I have been thinking a lot about the fact that at every gig I go to, the first thing I notice is X amount of brightly shining white apples on stage.

In these days of digital DJ:ing it seems every DJ and his/her grandmother has an Apple laptop.
There's nothing wrong with that, but how does it make sense to advertise Apple on a stage at a techno club night? Especially when Apple doesn't sponsor (most of) these events/DJs?

You already did enough for the company by buying their product, you don't need to expose their logo to the thousands of people who go to see your performance. Plus it kind of gives the club an office feeling, atleast to old fashioned me!

So unless you actually get paid by Apple to do this (like the guy on pic I think..), or feel strongly that Apple needs your support - please put a sticker on that Apple!



Today's listening is: Four Tet - Love Cry (Remixes)

Very very cheeky, on the brink to MTV:ish, dubstep. But hey, it's Christmas! Jolly = OKAY now. The Joy Orbison Remix sounds like a friendlier Burial. Very uplifting stuff. I wonder, is there any truth to the rumor that Four Tet = Burial?

6 comments:

  1. ?

    http://www.prefixmag.com/news/burial-william-bevan/20464/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory: you don't think that could just be another cover up story?
    I think whoever is behind Burial is having a huge laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it could be yes, but don't see the meaning of it?
    why did he post that pic on his myspace? I just think the revealing was a stunt to promote his new album and earn some money for equipment to make a better album ;)


    & no, I don't believe that Kieran is Burial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meaning? Mystery = very efficient promotional tool.
    Just look at the HUGE current Hardwax stamped whitelabel "unknown artist" trend

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that's what I was thinkin'.
    The revealing WAS a promotional stunt for his Untrue album coming out.
    Just don't see why they should lie 'bout it... then again, it's possible:
    and when it's Kieran eventually, u own ;)
    just don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you're right.
    I don't really think it is Kieran, I just heard such a rumor.

    ReplyDelete