3 December 2009

Working on a new Sect 10"

Been working on this for the last few months.. It is very new ground for me, so it is going slower than usual. Not that I am ever fast! 

One of the EPs two tracks is 'Atopic' (original on Sect 5) remixed by New Zealanders Skallander (guys on pic, releasing on Type Records). Amazing amazing remix with live guitars, bass and vocals. Gives me goose bumps every time! It really is an honour to have had this made for me. I am going to return the favour.

The flipside will be a non-instrumental 'Skinstrumental' (original also from Sect 5) version with Saga on vocals! I haven't really worked with vocal music before so it is taking me a lot of time to adjust, not only the arrangment aspect but most of all the actual recording and post-recording treatment of vocals. What a jungle!

Anyways I feel this is going to be a special EP for me, maybe my fanboys will slag it off for not being dark or industrial enough but hey everyone's pink inside!!


PS: Welcome to my blog, let's see how this goes.

Today's listening is: Various Artists - Variations Of Silence








Beautiful compilation of, don't really know how to define it but..., contemporary classical meets electronica meets jazz? OK I probably just made a fool of myself..  Anyways, CD features some of my very favourite composers like Peter Broderick, Ryan Teague and Nico Muhly.


No comments:

Post a Comment